[Using Sakai] ideas on enhancements to CK editor

Francesca Socolick francesca.socolick at nyu.edu
Wed Oct 23 08:58:31 PDT 2013

Hey all,

We've received some feedback from our users that they really like the "add
multimedia" function within the Lessons Tool, and the question came up if
there was a way to extend this to the rich text editor for a more cohesive
media experience (makes it easier for non-techie people to add multimedia
pieces, I think); We also heard that people like the content templates, and
they'd like to see more options within the rich text editor.

Since the CK editor is open source (we're runing CKEditor 3.5.2 on CLE
2.8.1), I'm curious to find out if other schools/institutions have jazzed
things up a bit and added any of the plug-ins available, and if so which
ones.

Thanks,
Francesca

--
Francesca Socolick
Instructional Designer and Usability Engineer