[Using Sakai] [Building Sakai] Chrome 30 and HTTP

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Thu Oct 17 11:04:02 PDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Matthew Jones <matthew at longsight.com> wrote:
> Look at Sam's post back from a few days ago, you might need to add some
> external library to Tomcat. We still have instances running 2.8 on 5.5 all
> behind a proxy and they haven't reported any issues.
>
> http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2013-October/024693.html

Once again, I highly recommend looking into the Tomcat RemoteIP valve.
If people have specific questions about using the valve, feel free to
contact me (we are using for non-Sakai setups as well). It's been
talked about several times on these lists, but it might not be totally
obvious what needs to be done.

Seth