[Using Sakai] Attachments management at Samigo's pools

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Fri Oct 4 05:57:47 PDT 2013

Hi everybody.

I would like to know how people out there manage the next issue.

Samigo's pools are linked to their owner users, so they can use them in
any of their sites. However, when one user edits a question in some pool
and adds an attachment, this attachment is managed as usual and it is
placed in site's private resources.

This causes that these attachments are not visible to users unless the
user edits the pool in the same site he plans to make the test.

This has not been a big issue for us before, because users usually
upload their images to Resources and link them from there, so they can
set their visibility. However, the new MathML editor places equations as
attachments ( https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-23686 ), so now
we have some complaints of failed tests.

There is a related JIRA at https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-2193

I think that a possible fix would be that Samigo would make a copy of
every attachment when generating a test from a pool.

But I wonder if there is some workaround possible with the current
platform. Any thought?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
--
Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.