[Using Sakai] Downloading all student submissions

Kenneth Litwak klitwak at apu.edu
Mon Nov 4 12:18:03 PST 2013

I have an assignment in my course that deals with interpreting primary
texts.  Students need to choose two of these assignments to do over the
course of the semester.  There is an assignment due each week, so any given
week I might get two or five or eight papers uploaded.  I've tried to
download "all student submissions (attachments) but the result is not very
helpful.  Instead of getting five papers, as would be appropriate for this
week, Sakai creates file folders for every single student, whether the
student has uploaded an assignment or not.  I don't want to have to search
through those to figure out which of them has a paper in it.

    In addition, this process breaks because if the student has a long file
name, and Sakai generates a long directory path, Windows won't allow that
paper to be downloaded because the path is too long.

   Is there any way around these two problems?  Thanks.

Ken

Kenneth D. Litwak, Ph.D.
Azusa Pacific University
680 E. Alosta Ave.