[Using Sakai] Faculty/course metrics in Sakai?

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Mon Nov 4 05:33:38 PST 2013

Hi, Gregory:

Those are all very interesting ideas.

As for the Forums tool, there is "Statiscs & Grading" feature since 2.9,
where "Forum statistics are available for site owners to determine the
participation level of individual participants. You can also read all of a
particular participant's posts using this feature.". Though it might not
answer those specific questions raised in your email, have you tried this
feature and find it useful?

You might also find the Open Academic Analytics Initiative work from Marist
College relevant [1]. They have combined the roster data with Sakai's data
(event, grades, etc)

Thanks,

- Zhen

Zhen Qian