[Using Sakai] Setting realm.update.own permission to join sections but not joinable sites

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Tue May 28 05:52:55 PDT 2013

Hi everybody.

As far as we know, realm.update.own permission is needed for three
different actions:

-Allowing users to join sections when they are self-joinables at Section
Info tool.
-Managing any public access resource uploaded to Resources.
-Allowing users to join joinable sites in Membership tool.

Until now, we have checked this permission in !user.template.registered
realm and we have disabled it in !user.template.guest, mainly because we
did not want guest users accessing joinable sites.

However, right now we need to allow guest users to be able to join
sections, so we have checked realm.update.own permission also for access
role of one of our sites, hoping that this way guest users could join
sections at the site but could not join joinable sites at Membership tool.

This is not working. Guest users have the links for joining sections in
the site but clicking on them does nothing and no error is shown in the
logs.

I would like to ask if somebody has found a solution for this issue.

Thanks and best regards.
--
Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.