[Using Sakai] podcast streaming?

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Sun Mar 10 19:38:29 PDT 2013

Thanks for the ideas - I don't like you-tube much and prefer to stay in-site for course materials (just a bit more dignified branding), although I suppose a "channel" is an option. We could also use Vimeo or other streamers, but I think we will then just put onto a streaming web-site of our own.

Thanks for the context and suggestions.
Hi Gregory,

The tool that Samuel mentioned (Samuel, thanks for linking to our docs!) is a streaming video service provided by a local project here in NJ called NJVID (http://www.njvid.net/project/index.php). Might you have a similar service in your area that does the same? It's in our installation of Sakai so you won't find this in the community's source.

Based on what you want to do, I'd suggest looking at a different method. Podcasts episodes are traditionally meant to be downloaded to the user's device. There are a view ways to embed video into Sakai. Could YouTube or other streaming video platforms be viable options? You could create a channel and link it to Sakai.