[Using Sakai] Using Sakai - creation of the course sites

Igor Novopashenny igor at escience.uni-bremen.de
Wed Jun 5 07:20:45 PDT 2013

Hi!

I have a problem in the understanding of the creation of the course site.

To create a course site we need to define academic terms, subject, course
and section.

If Sakai is connected to the course management system, we can choose all
this information.

But what to do, if there is no CMS?

Or just another situation:

The teacher (instructor) is going to develop some course site for his
subject. He wants to use Syllabi, lessons, tests, etc. But he doesn't want
to link this course site to any academic term and/or section. He wants to
develop site, test it, etc. But in the moment there are no students that
will use it.

How can he do it? How it is possible to create the course site without
attaching it to academic terms and section information?

The other question is concerning the sakai.properties file.

There is a property

site-manage.courseManagementSystemImplemented

I don't see any difference in the behaviour of the system if it is set to
False and True.

Can somebody explain this property?

Many thanks in advance

Regards Igor