[Using Sakai] Room-Management in Sakai CLE

Alexandre Ballesté alexandre.balleste at udl.cat
Mon Feb 25 23:23:28 PST 2013

We installed an embedded tool (developed using Sakai Framework), that a
company developed for us. The experience with that tool was bad for many
reasons that I will not tell to this list ( I don't want you get bored),
but in essence, that software has to be synchronized frequently with
data from our Academic manager back office solution (to get faculty
lectures schedules) and keep the relation with the current state of
rooms. It was a solution that didn't work for us because it's
unmaintainable. We have to take care about two products changes. For our
particular apps ecosystem, I think that the best solution is to keep the
modules that offered Academic Manager software to handle occupancy, and
provide a little interface (usig LTI) to give Instructors a way to
reserve classroms out of the main academic planning.

Cheers,

Alex.

Alexandre Ballesté Crevillén  alexandre.balleste at udl.cat
University of Lleida
Information and Communication Systems Service
Analyst / Programmer
Twitter: @sinmsinm

Tlf: +34 973 702148
Fax: +34 973 702130