[Using Sakai] Turning on LDAP logging

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Wed Feb 20 07:40:52 PST 2013

> We spend until now about 6 month for testing the demo (Sakai CLE  2.8).
> Since 3 weeks we are trying to install the source code version of Sakai
> CLE 2.9.0 with LDAP for productional usage.

First, make sure -Dsakai.demo=false.  Demo mode needs to be off.

> So we want to turn on the logging of Sakai for LDAP to have the
> possibility to trace our errors.
>
> “How?” and “Where?” can we turn on the logging for LDAP?

In your sakai.properties, set your logging options:

log.config.count=1
log.config.1=DEBUG.edu.amc

If this does not work, please send your
components/sakai-provider-pack/WEB-INF/components.xml and jldap-beans.xml.
 Please delete the password in jldap-beans.xml before sending.

--Sam