[Using Sakai] Assignment URLs in a lessons page?

Marshall Feldman marsh at uri.edu
Tue Dec 31 14:23:05 PST 2013

I'm not sure if what I do is what you mean by "manually browsing
around," but here's the kludge I use. At the bottom of the Lessons page
in question, I put an html block with a dashed line and text saying to
ignore everything below here. Then under the line I put any
user-unfriendly Lessons blocks I need. Back above the line, I compose my
HTML pages how I want them. When I need a link to the user-unfriendly
stuff, I just right-click, copy the link, and put it in the nicely
formatted stuff above the line.

In some cases, I'm even able to hide a lessons page, insert all the
blocks on it that want, copy a URL, and then go to unhidden pages and
insert the link wherever I need it.

Hope this helps. Even more, I hope Lessons fixes this obvious need.

On 12/30/13 [Dec 30, 13] 12:00 PM, Gregory Guthrie wrote:
> Assignment URLs in a lessons page?

Is there any way to have a single page Lessons block, and include links to assignments in it?

Having to  have individual blocks for every item in every assignment seems too piecemeal to me; and I typically have a single document with a list of assignments, readings, descriptions, etc.

I understand that if one wanted to have individual pages for every lesson that might be also a reasonable structure, but I prefer to have the entire wholeness of the flow in one place.

I can insert URLs for resources, but not for assignments associated with a lesson that I can see.

I'd be happy to just have this as a html page under another tab instead of Lessons, but fined the same problem, html (easily) cannot link to assignments.

[Yes, I've seen before that I can manually browse around and copy URLs of assignment pages as a fallback.]