[Using Sakai] Missing functionality in Drop Box tool

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 26 06:28:08 PDT 2013

We are using sakai 2.8 which we moved to from sakai 2.6. We have 3 roles in our project sites, maintain, access and contributor (the last role is one we made up ourselves).

One of our users is complaining that the ability to send notification just to maintain (& not contrib) users has vanished.

I cant remember what the drop Box looked like in 2.6, was there a permissions helper? Was there a list of roles with "send notification" checkboxes? Or something else?

Does anybody know what happened and how we may reinstate whatever it is that has vanished (if indeed something really has vanished)?

adam

--
Dr A C Marshall, WebLearn Service Manager, IT Services, University of Oxford.