[Using Sakai] [Building Sakai] web SSO vs OAuth vs IMS LTI

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Thu Apr 18 21:45:48 PDT 2013

Adam - this is a long blog post about this very form about a year ago:

http://www.dr-chuck.com/csev-blog/2012/03/connecting-ims-learning-tools-interoperability-and-saml/

It is a really important area and has great potential.   I am meeting monthly with a group from Internet2/InCommon to try to implement the ideas proposed in the slide deck - we need a school that does Shib as SSO and skilled enough to build a smart external application that can handle *either* shib ot LTI in a coordinated fashion.

It will be very very cool - but we still have to build the first prototype.

/Chuck