[Using Sakai] FCK-editor and Internet Explorer 10

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Apr 15 06:43:13 PDT 2013

There are some issues even with the compatibility flag that just aren't
going to get fixed. FCKEditor is long deprecated and 2.7.x is no longer
supported.

* This sounds like a problem wish IE10, Metro and FCKEditor not working
correctly: https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-23423
  The only real solution for this is to upgrade to 2.9 or inform users to
use a different browser (Chrome/Firefox)
* They also completely changed how they handle XML in IE9+ breaking some of
the XML libraries. We still use some things from FCKEditor in 2.9 (like the
file picker)  but could also effect other functions in FCKEditor. I've got
a partial fix for this that uses ActiveX but there's still some bugs
reported against it that I haven't looked at yet.

Best bet is to upgrade as soon as you can to 2.9 so you can use CKEditor.
That was never backported to 2.7.x.

You could try other emulate options, like EmulateIE9 and see if that makes
any difference. On one of those tickets I linked it said it helped a little
but still didn't fix the problem.