[Using Sakai] Get active session from php

Julian Brown brownjulian27 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 09:22:58 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I just started using sakai and am far from knowing sakai's capabilities.
I would like to integrate a php application into a sakai portal (using an
iframe). Would it be possible to get the users session from the php
application in order to transparently use sakai's user on the php
application?
I saw that the "sakaisigning" webservice exists, and I also the example in
https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/sakaiscript/webservices/examples/sakaimoodleauth/lib.php
Where a user is authenticated using this webservice.
But is there a way to verify if the user is authenticated and retrieve his
login information (name, roles, ...) under these conditions?

Thanks in advance,

Julian