[Using Sakai] Problem with messageforum

Anders Nordkvist anders.nordqvist at his.se
Thu Sep 6 02:31:19 PDT 2012

Hello,

We at Skövde University in Sweden have a site that's distributed to all our new students (The University Library site). The site is automatically added to all students when a teacher creates a site in our course creator program for Sakai. The problem is that this site becomes very slow and if an instructor, or a student deletes a post in the forum he gets an error message (pic1). I get the same error as an admin and I don't have more than one tab of Sakai open. This error is somewhat mentioned in  the somewhat old post https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/MSGCNTR-48 (its unresolved there) and also I suspect it somehow can have to do with the amount of students on the site but I don't know how to solve it. I have looked through all the logs but cant find anything!

Tested on both IE v.9 and Firefox 15.0 with the same error.

We are using Sakai 2.7.x and msgcntr version 2.7.7.

Regards
Anders Nordkvist
System administrator
University Of Skövde