[Using Sakai] LMS evaluations & comparisions?

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Tue Oct 30 06:19:27 PDT 2012

As I understand this data is fairly complex to really understand; one can try to count downloads, active installations, seats, course enrollments, ... many different metrics.

And since Sakai has no self-reporting tracking like Moodle, so it is hard to really know who is doing what with it. The Campus Survey is very interesting data, but again is a self-selecting and pre-selected sample.

With Moodle every even small self-install or usage site gets counted. I saw some statistic that a big percentage of Moodle sites were below 10 users as I recall. From this I would think that actual Sakai usage as defined by delivered courses is higher than generally described.