[Using Sakai] Forums archive, re-use?

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Fri Nov 16 12:44:32 PST 2012

Is there any simple way to archive a forum content easily, for re-use of information, or building a FAQ from some entries?

When I duplicate a course, the forum content is of course not included, but manually click-click'ing through the messages to save some seems too tedious.

Looking at the "discussing & private messages" usage page at (https://sakai.rutgers.edu/helpdocs/discussion.html), is this the standard Sakai forum tool? The appearance is different,  and it does describe an export process.
Similarly at: https://sakai.unc.edu/access/content/public/help_docs/discussion_pm.pdf

Do I need to add a JForum tool to do this? If so, are there guidelines on how to do it?

And how about archiving from a current site that just used the default Forum tool?