[Using Sakai] Paths for HTML in Sakai

Marshall Feldman marsh at uri.edu
Fri Nov 2 10:29:29 PDT 2012

Hi,

My university installed the Lessons tool this year, and with it I often
use HTML in a text element. Sometimes the html has to refer to URL's of
images, scripts, and other things. This is no problem in itself, in that
I can store the images, etc. on Sakai and then use the URL for an item
in the text element.

The problem comes with something a little more complicated. Rather than
work on a class material live, I develop the text page in a sandbox
area. Sakai's built-in editor leaves much to be desired for this
purpose, so I want to cut and paste the page into my trusty HTML editor
(Eclipse-Aptana), work on it there, and cut and paste it back into Sakai
once I'm done. The problem is the editor is on my desktop rather than
Sakai, and when I render the page, it does not access the stuff stored
on Sakai: not the images, not the scripts, nada.

Is there any way around this problem?

     Marsh Feldman