[Using Sakai] How to delete wiki comments

Ian Boston ian at caret.cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 29 16:22:44 PDT 2012

On 30 March 2012 07:28, Matthew Jones <matthew at longsight.com> wrote:
> This feature was never completed. You'd need to do it on the database.
>
> It looks like the comments are in rwikiobject as
> select * from rwikiobject where name like '%.000%';
> and the name contains the siteid like
> '/site/efe8cfd0-275b-4f52-8329-69ae1fc49c16/home.000.001'

> If you delete these, the comments go away, but should probably select the
> ids and clean up the ids from other tables like rwikicurrentcontent (and
> also rwikihistory is similar to rwikiobject and rwikihistorycontent and
> needs to be cleaned or the comments will appear in the history)
>
> Actually it's semi neat because you can "link" to a comment as a page like
> [home.000] and it will show all of the comments. I'm not sure if this is
> intentional or not. ;)

It was.

the name of the comment is designed to ensure that when the comments
are listed they arrive in a natural threaded order, eg
home.000
home.000.000  <- reply to home.000
home.000.001  <- reply to home.000
home.000.001.000  <- reply to home.000.001
home.000.002  <- reply to home.000
home.001
home.001.000

This avoided building a hierarchy structure in the tables, but has the
limitation that there can only be 999 replies to an individual comment
and only 999 top level comments. I think the css is also limited to 10
levels deep.

Other than that comments are just wiki pages.
Sorry I missed the start of the conversation.

Ian