[Using Sakai] How to delete wiki comments

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu Mar 29 13:28:10 PDT 2012

This feature was never completed. You'd need to do it on the database.

It looks like the comments are in rwikiobject as
select * from rwikiobject where name like '%.000%';
and the name contains the siteid like
'/site/efe8cfd0-275b-4f52-8329-69ae1fc49c16/home.000.001'

If you delete these, the comments go away, but should probably select the
ids and clean up the ids from other tables like rwikicurrentcontent (and
also rwikihistory is similar to rwikiobject and rwikihistorycontent and
needs to be cleaned or the comments will appear in the history)

Actually it's semi neat because you can "link" to a comment as a page like
[home.000] and it will show all of the comments. I'm not sure if this is
intentional or not. ;)

So if there was a way to delete pages, there would also be a way to delete
comments, but that functionality doesn't exist either.

I'd back these tables up first though for sure.