[Using Sakai] [Building Sakai] Weird issue ordering by Lastname

Feliz Gouveia fribeiro at ufp.edu.pt
Thu Jan 26 03:34:40 PST 2012

Daniel, I'm not sure if this could be the case but check
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-696.

For languages with special characters, the collation should be
specified for the locale being used. Otherwise you'll have also
problems ordering with accents and other non-ascii characters. I
remember this was not in the code and we had to do it to sort names.

regards, Feliz