[Using Sakai] Invalid Credentials for Sakai User Login

Rajkumar Komuravelli rkomuravelli at mail.bradley.edu
Tue Jan 10 14:56:59 PST 2012

Hello All,

I am sorry it it sounds like a stupid silly question. But I am a beginner
using Sakai having some problems while using Sakai.

I have created around 20 usernames with a single password for my Course
Site. And intimated the students after 20 days of creating them.When the
students tried to log into their accounts an error message saying " Invalid
Credentials " appeared. It happened with all the participants. The password
was "spring2012" and i am pity sure about it. I tried to log in as
participants with become a user tool using Spring2012, SPRING2012 and some
other passwords but couldn't log in. There is no question that i have given
a wrong password while creating because my colleague and me created them
together. Finally, I updated the password for all the Usernames. Then they
could log into their accounts now.

My question is Why they couldn't log into their accounts when they first
tried. Does anyone seen this kind of situation. Please share your
experiences. Does passwords have expiration period.

Raj