[Using Sakai] admin lite function

Bryan Holladay holladay at longsight.com
Tue Jan 10 05:46:54 PST 2012

If you want something sophisticated and flexible where you can create
hierarchies, assign as multiple roles, hide tools, ect, check out:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DAC/Delegated+Access+Tool

If you want a simple junior admin like role, you just need to create a
role in the !site.helper realm (name it something like "junior admin")
and give it the permissions you want.  Then just add user's to that
realm to give those user's those permissions throughout all sites in
Sakai.  Next, create a Junior Admin site and create a role for that
site that is the exact name as the site.helper role you created (ie.
"junior admin"), then enroll them in that site as that role.  Do not
add the "Become User" tool to that site since they can become a super
admin.

Thanks,
Bryan