[Using Sakai] Advice for Create Own Course Sites

Eke, Kimberly J kim_eke at unc.edu
Mon Sep 12 12:14:02 PDT 2011

Greetings,

We would very much appreciate your words of wisdom. We would like to enable instructors to create their own course sites — in a way that is as straightforward and forgiving of errors as possible. Through our pilot and first semester transitioning to Sakai, our group has managed all site creations. We would like instructors to be able to create their own course sites in the future — which is new for all of us.

Before we "turn on the switch" to make this happen, I hoped that some of you who have done this could share your advice or lessons learned?

  *   What common problems have instructors (or support staff) encountered?
  *   Did your institution develop any special customizations to modify the site creation workflow?
  *   If you knew then what you know now, what would you do differently?

I'm happy to receive your feedback off-list, compile and report back.

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

With kind regards,

Kim
--