[Using Sakai] Gradebook - Cumulative grades with weighting when user doesn't have grade

Bernardo bgarcia at pentec.es
Fri Sep 9 01:59:09 PDT 2011

Hello,

There seems to be an strange situation at Gradebook, but I don't really know
if it's supposed to be like that or it's a bug.

We have some gradebook items classified by categories and using weighting.
There's one with a 60% and the other items add until the 100%. There's a
user with grades in every item but the 60% one, and his cumulative grading
is 95%. Shouldn't the blank grade be considered as a 0, so the cumulative
would be under 50%?

There's a difference in the Spanish and English translation of the Grade
Display option, which is marked. In Spanish, after "Display course grade to
students now", it notes blank grades will be considered as 0. I think it
works ok as long as you're not using weighting. Is this possible?

I have reproduced this problem on 2.6 and 2.8 versions.

Thanks.