[Using Sakai] Advanced survey tool (Grossman,John E)

Regan, Alan Alan.Regan at pepperdine.edu
Tue Nov 29 10:23:44 PST 2011

Hi, John.

If the point value is consistently 4 points, I wonder if the partial credit feature in Tests & Quizzes could help?  It would require the assessment creator to enable partial credit on each question, but I could see something like...

Total point value for each question = 4

Set up the partial credit alignment based on their scale needs, e.g. --
A. 100%
B. 75%
C. 50%
D. 25%

(So, the partial credit amounts would calculate to 4*100%=4, 4*75%=3, 4*50%=2, 4*25%=1.)

You'd have to enable the "anonymous" feature for student identities, to try to mimic an anonymous survey.

I've only used Tests & Quizzes for assessments, not surveys.  I'm not sure if this would accomplish your goals, but might be worth experimenting with?

Sincerely,

Alan Regan, MFA
Manager, Technology and Learning
Information Technology