[Using Sakai] LCMS with Sakai

Grossman,John E john.grossman at mdanderson.org
Tue May 24 12:53:31 PDT 2011

We're looking at deploying a learning content management system (LCMS) for use in conjunction with Sakai. In addition to regular web CMS functionality, the LCMS should provide a UI that allows non-developer users to author sites/modules with features like tabbed interfaces, text content areas, media content areas, question/response pages (multiple choice, etc). Ideally, the vendor would be moving in the direction of support for IMS Basic LTI.

Does anyone have success/failure stories or recommendations? We're looking at Umbraco, an open source .NET web CMS. It's not an LCMS but provides nice end-user functionality.

John Grossman
Academic Technology Services
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
John.grossman at mdanderson.org