[Using Sakai] Using Sakai -- Anyone know if the TWSIA winners have been announced?

Regan, Alan Alan.Regan at pepperdine.edu
Mon May 23 12:28:37 PDT 2011

Dear Using Sakai list,

One of our faculty members that applied to this year's Teaching with Sakai Innovation Award (TWSIA) contest was curious if the winners have been announced.  The main page says that the winners would be announced in early May.  I'm assuming this means that the winners would be notified directly, not necessarily listed on the site?

For those that are unfamiliar with TWSIA, here is the main website:
http://openedpractices.org/twsia

In case anyone is interested, here is the course description of our professor, Dr. Chris Heard:
http://openedpractices.org/practice/rel-101-history-and-religion-ancient-israel

He has implemented a gaming-style "XP" grading system, offers many options to reach learners of different learning styles, and leverages many tools and external content within his site design in Sakai.

Again... if anyone has news about this year's TWSIA winners, please let me know.  Thank you!

Sincerely,

Alan Regan, MFA
Manager, Technology and Learning
Information Technology