[Using Sakai] Math Science Equation Editing Options with FCKeditor

Myburgh, Francette FMyburgh at unisa.ac.za
Tue Jun 7 03:41:59 PDT 2011

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer. Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.

Hi Daniel

We are currently evaluation both WIRIS and CodeCogs.  It's interesting that you say CodeCogs is not as powerful as WIRIS, as the Latex functionality of CodeCogs was rated higher by our Mathematics department.

We'll probably make a final decision by end June.  The idea is to deploy one of these for interim use by academics and students, and then go with MathJAX if that becomes available in Sakai later on, but still retaining a WYSIWYG editor for the students.  They are mostly not that proficient in Latex on first-year level and the editors should work better for them.

Regards
Francette Myburgh
UNISA