[Using Sakai] Not all subsites listed in parent site

csev csev at umich.edu
Mon Jul 25 05:47:30 PDT 2011

Could you give some more detail?

Does it appear that there is a maximum number of child sites, or do they appear / disappear randomly?  Is there something about the sites that makes them different?

A *key* is that a person in the parent site will only see those child sites that they have site.visit.   So different users will see different lists of child sites defending on the access rights they have in those sites.

Making a site a parent does *not* change the authorization for child sites. When in the parent site simply shows the child sites you are authorized to see.

So if an instructor had authorization in a parent site and three child sites they would see all three.   If a teaching assistant had permission in the parent site and two child sites - they would only see two when in the parent site.  If a student has permission in the parent and permission in only one child site they would only see one child when they visit the parent.

In the parent site - check the drop down to see if there are direct links in that drop down to the child sites - if the child sites are not in the drop down (i.e. not visible) - they will not appear when you are in the parent site.

We never show a child site that you cannot visit.

This also might be about published...   Just thinking out loud.

Hope this helps.

/Chuck