[Using Sakai] Maximum members in a Sakai Site

Marilyn Dispensa mdispensa at ithaca.edu
Fri Jul 8 08:42:17 PDT 2011

Hi,
I was wondering what the maximum # of participants or students are
possible in a Sakai Site.
For our first year reading initiative, we have a request to have the
entire freshman class of 1600 be enrolled in one site.
Does anyone have experience managing  projects or classes in Sakai with
1000 + participants? Could you comment on peformance? Managing large
numbers of users in groups, gradebook, assessments.
I've already noticed that the "drop box" cannot be searched for a
particular user. It would be nice to be able to sort the drop boxes by
participant groups.

Marilyn
Ithaca College.