[Using Sakai] [Building Sakai] Quota not transferred when duplicating site

Mathieu Plourde mathieu at udel.edu
Fri Jul 1 09:31:41 PDT 2011

Hi Adrian,

At Delaware, we prefer the fact that the quota doesn't transfer. We have
some sites that are over the threshold, but never had issues duplicating
them. Resources simply disallow any attempt to add new content until an
admin changes the quota.

This prevents a user from duplicating a site with special permissions and
get more space for all his/her sites from the get-go.

But an option in Duplicate site would be nice (a checkbox that says "Retain
special quota and permissions", for instance?). The same could apply to the
HTML execution permission at the root level.

Mathieu
Mathieu Plourde, MBA
Project Leader, LMS/Educational Technologist
IT Client Support & Services
mathieu at udel.edu
Office: 302-831-4060
IT Support Center: http://www.udel.edu/help