[Using Sakai] question on accessing archived Blackboard courses

Beith, Linda lbeith at rwu.edu
Mon Jan 24 12:27:33 PST 2011

Hi folks,
One of our programs is telling us that their ABA accrediting agency will need to have access to a minimum of the past four years of courses as part of their assessment. We are transitioning from Blackboard 8 (native BB not WebCT or Angel) to Sakai 2.7 and our Blackboard license expires in June 2011. We are planning on archiving all our courses on our BB server but we're wondering if these courses would still be viewable on the server if the license has expired. Since an accrediting visit in 2012 would involve at least a couple of years of courses on Blackboard and the rest of the courses on Sakai, it will be a challenge to allow full access to courses in both CMSs. Although we can extract the content of the archives using Bfree, the accrediting team needs to see the full courses as they were delivered, including student content, and the faculty in the program would not have time to rebuild them all in Sakai before the visit.

Has anyone else run up against this problem? Any solutions/suggestions would be most welcome.
Linda

Linda L. Beith, Ph.D.
Director, Instructional Design
Roger Williams University