[Using Sakai] Using Sakai - Scheduling the January Call for Sakai Documentation Redesign project (resend)

Regan, Alan Alan.Regan at pepperdine.edu
Mon Jan 3 08:47:46 PST 2011

Just before the holiday break, I sent the following message to the list.  I know we all get a lot of email, so I am resending to be sure the message didn't get lost in the shuffle.  :)

Dear Using Sakai List,

In case anyone is checking email over the break, I wanted to keep the ball rolling on the Sakai Documentation Redesign effort.

Last time we looked at Wednesdays or Fridays for scheduling.  I put together a quick Doodle event scheduler to see if we can find some mutually available times.  (If other dates should be considered, please contact me!)

http://doodle.com/h6avrnyu7q724g7m

Per Sean Keesler's notes, here is a proposed agenda:

*         Identify project lead to help with Sakai 2.8 coordination

*         Identify sections of the out of the box (OOTB) docs to target for redesign in 2.8

*         Assign teams to create content for the project

*         Identify existing resources that we could use as guidelines or possibly repurpose

Tasks within the project would include:

*         Writing teams: Propose style guidelines, set first draft/community review draft/final draft deadlines, revise existing documents (incorporating community resources if available)

*         Project lead: Ping writing teams on progress, report status to Sakai Technical Coordination Committee (TCC), coordinate with Indiana University knowledgebase staff

*         All members: Recommend documentation design and delivery improvements for Sakai OAE, including interface suggestions, backend tracking (first visit/use, returning use), etc.

Thank you -- and have a wonderful holiday break, everyone!

Sincerely,

Alan Regan, MFA
Manager, Technology and Learning
Information Technology