[Using Sakai] Request for votes to fix an Announcements issue (SAK-21015)

Ziegler, Jeff ziegler at umich.edu
Wed Aug 17 11:29:13 PDT 2011

Yes, lacking a compelling use case, it would be a mistake to change the list sort from the current "newest-on-top" default.  Guaranteed to generate additional support contacts during the already hectic Fall term rush.

Users already have the ability to sort announcements into oldest-to-newest order by clicking on the column header if there is a momentary need for that view.  Adding a radio button to Options for the user to specify the default sort order on a site would be acceptable but, again, what's the use case to justify the effort?

I'm guessing that this is just a misconfiguration rather than a planned change but just in case... Vote early and often!

Jeff