[Using Sakai] Quick turnaround data request

Mathieu Plourde mathieu at udel.edu
Wed Apr 27 14:00:21 PDT 2011

Hi Christian,

For Delaware, top of my head:

What percent of courses are in Sakai? - *Around 50% of the classes, 60% of
the seats (enrollment)*
Do you use other CMSes - which one(s) - *None.*
Are online courses done in Sakai?  What percent? - *Yes, all of them.*
What other CMS handles online courses? *- N/A*
Do online courses need/use 24/7 support? *- Not that I know of. UD Online
handles the user requests, and I believe they might have evening hours.*
Do you have any issues with support of disabled users, e.g. users of
screen readers? *- Sakai itself, from what I have heard, is not too bad. The
issue that arises is related to the fact that faculty, when creating their
material, do not use proper techniques to describe their graphics. We don't
have a lot of disabled students on campus and usually have people in our
disability office transcribe videos or scan books for students with special
needs.*

There.

Mathieu Plourde, MBA
Project Leader, LMS/Educational Technologist
IT Client Support & Services
mathieu at udel.edu
Office: 302-831-4060
IT Support Center: http://www.udel.edu/help