[Using Sakai] [Building Sakai] Playing with the 'Neo Portal' from Sakai 2.9

Hedrick Charles hedrick at rutgers.edu
Sun Apr 3 08:53:49 PDT 2011

Right. You understand our issue. We need a Rutgers logo, preferably in the upper left. I like your sample that replaces My Workspace,  However we're not allowed to create a logo for Saka. A whole bar above for just the Rutgers logo seems pretty silly.

One thing I recommend is assuming that we're going to use a different design for the login page. We can afford to spend a bit more real estate for branding there (though not much, since we have Sakai-specific content we want on that page).

I assume you're going to have to do a pretty global readjustment of the skin. Unfortunately tools typically have their own CSS file. To do anything coherent they will all have to be adjusted. When you do that, I'd like to see you remove all colors other than black, white and gray from tool-specific CSS into the central css files. We're probably going to have to change the colors, and I hate to have to edit every tool to do that.

Also, some of our users are going to expect an updated version of Flying Pig.