[Using Sakai] Anyone have experienc with large (5000+) Project Sites

Arlow, Magdaleen Arlowm at unisa.ac.za
Wed Sep 29 15:23:27 PDT 2010

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer. Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.
________________________________

Dear Josh

We do not have project sites with that many users, but we have course sites with more than 20 000 students. We mainly experience problems with tools where the details of all the participants are loaded as default on the first page. Lately we also had problems with announcements in the emails to large groups. We are still not sure whether it is resolved with some upgrade on our side. We also run Sakai 2.6.x on Oracle, nine production nodes.

Regards

Magdaleen Arlow

Deputy-Director : Academic Systems
Applications and Solutions Directorate