[Using Sakai] content.* permissions "went away"?

will trillich will at serensoft.com
Tue Sep 14 15:01:43 PDT 2010

Hi Dave --

Yes, they exist in sakai_realm_function, and sakai_realm_rl_fn has lots of
references too:

select * from sakai_realm_rl_fn where function_key in (select function_key
from sakai_realm_function where function_name like 'content.%');
[snip]
16817 rows in set (0.27 sec)

And

select distinct realm_key from sakai_realm_rl_fn where function_key in
(select function_key from sakai_realm_function where function_name like
'content.%')
brings up 1399 records.

So I started thinking maybe there are some sites that don't match matching
realms... but, there are NO sakai_site records that don't have matching
sakai_realm records:

mysql> select site_id,title from sakai_site where not site_id in (
    -> select substr(realm_id,7,999) from sakai_realm where realm_key in
    -> (select distinct realm_key from sakai_realm_rl_fn where function_key
in
    -> (select function_key from sakai_realm_function where function_name
like 'content.%')
    -> ) and realm_id like '/site/%'
    -> )
    -> ;
+-----------+--------------------------+
| site_id   | title                    |
+-----------+--------------------------+
| !admin    | Administration Workspace |
| !error    | Site Unavailable         |
| !gateway  | Gateway                  |
| !urlError | Invalid URL              |
| !user     | My Workspace             |
| !worksite | worksite                 |
6 rows in set (16.17 sec)

We just updated to 2.6.x r82225 over the weekend, so there must be something
glitchy that's happened inside the data (it used to be okay, but now we
can't specify permissions in resources). But how can this happen, and how do
we fix it?