[Using Sakai] Question about notifying students when grades have been posted

Laurie Fletcher laurie.fletcher at jhu.edu
Mon Nov 22 14:00:24 PST 2010

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking on this site for quite a while now and have learned a lot,
but I have a problem I've never seen crop up on the forum. I teach in an
assignment-intensive environment and my co-instructor and I just recently
discovered that when we post the grades for the assignments (including the
posting of graded documents), the students aren't notified. I've been poking
around on our Sakai site and I haven't found a way to enable this. It has
occurred to me that this might not be possible. But I thought you would know
for sure.

If student notification of graded and/or returned assignments isn't
possible, please consider this as an upgrade request!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Laurie Fletcher
Instructor - Technical Group Management
The Johns Hopkins University