[Using Sakai] sakai 2.7 installation help needed

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 03:14:16 PST 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Anthony Whyte <arwhyte at umich.edu> wrote:
> STEP 6.  Good practice but strictly speaking all you've done at this point
> is set yourself up with a sakai.properties file that, as an exact copy of
> default.sakai.properties, overrides no default settings.  The fun truly
> starts when you begin to modify the defaults for local usage.
Ok but we are using only US English so can that also be a problem.
  if I create a folder sakai in $CATALINA_HOME and copy the
default.sakai.properties in this given that I followed what you
mentioned above will that be a wrong step in your opinion?
What I see is sakai binary does not comes with a default
sakai.properties file so I had to download it from the instructions
page.

> STEPS 7-8.  Per the bin instructions you download the archive into
> $CATALINA_HOME and unpack the archive. Then you start up Tomcat by running
> the Tomcat startup script in $CATALINA_HOME/bin.
> Unfortunately, the location that you specified unpacking sakai-bin-2.7.1
> into is incorrect.
Ok.
> So delete this folder: CATALINA_HOME/webapps/sakai-bin.  Download or copy
> sakai-bin-2.7.1.tgz int
Thanks for pointing out these errors.
I have changed them as you mentioned.