[Using Sakai] getting started?

Nicola Monat-Jacobs nicola at longsight.com
Tue Nov 2 09:30:21 PDT 2010

Steve -

Out of the box, you get the admin user - password also admin. After logging in as admin/admin go to My Workspace > Worksite setup > New.

You can create a new course [1] or project site there.

Then, you can go to your new site > Site Info > Import from File to test importing archives from other systems.

You may also need to install this https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/migration/trunk/import-parsers/blackboard_6/ as one of your import parsers. In Sakai 2.7 that means you need to also checkout and build your own version of the 'common' project.

Thanks,
Nicola

[1] To create course sites, you'll need to add some terms/semesters to your db. example: insert into cm_academic_session_t values(26, 1, 'admin', SYSDATE,'admin', SYSDATE, 'WINTER 2009', 'WINTER 2009', 'W09', '07-JAN-2009','21-APR-2009', true);