[Using Sakai] [Building Sakai] New SmartPhone interface to sakai

Holladay, Bryan Andrew bahollad at indiana.edu
Mon Mar 29 09:02:00 PDT 2010

IU is doing something very similar to this (http://m.iu.edu).  We have leveraged MIU's mobile platform ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/mitmobileweb/) and Sakai's entity broker restful services.  Just like the MollyProject, MIU's mobile web works for all web enabled phones and is extendable.  I will be displaying IU's mobile phone implementation at the Denver conference during the tech demonstrations and will have iPods for people to experience it first hand.

I am interested in how you have implemented the Sakai tools in the MollyProject.  I think this could be a great time in the community to work together in extending Sakai for generic mobile data usage like these two project (ie. Not platform dependent).  I have extended the Synoptic M&F Tool, Messages Tool, Forums Tool, and the Announcements tool and would gladly share my code.  I see you have the Polls and Schedule tool.  It would be nice to work together and share what we have done.  What other tools are you expecting to work on?

Thanks,
Bryan