[Using Sakai] MISI Core Survey Items are Now Online!

Steve Lonn slonn at umich.edu
Mon Mar 22 06:43:19 PDT 2010

Hello all,

Thank you to everyone for your input, patience, and hard work all around in compiling, editing, suggesting, and working on this survey instrument. It was truly a community-wide effort to arrive at the two wiki pages that contain the instructor and student "core" survey items for MISI 2010. That said, if you have additional survey items that you would like to suggest, please add them to the bottom of the wiki pages AND email the MISI team (so no one misses your suggestions).

The Instructor Core Items are here: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org//x/1RoQB
The Student Core Items are here: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org//x/3RoQB

For those of you who were part of the 2009 MISI, I am also attaching a brief summary of the changes from the 2009 MISI instrument to the 2010 MISI instrument.

Also, if you prefer to "walk through" the survey as a participant would, you may do so here:
Instructor: https://lessons.ummu.umich.edu/2k/misi/instructors
Student: https://lessons.ummu.umich.edu/2k/misi/students

(NOTE: Branching is setup, so try out the "none" option in the Sakai in Courses item at the bottom of the first screen)
** PDFs of these "walk throughs" are also attached to this email.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What's Next for MISI?

1) If you have not yet filled out the MISI Informational Survey, please do so ASAP!! Steve will publicly share the responses to this survey very soon. This survey will help all of us compare institutions based on similar size, setting, use of Sakai, and other metrics. The survey is available here: https://lessons.ummu.umich.edu/2k/misi/info

2) Go collect data!!  If you need any assistance with setting up your online survey, sampling, IRB, etc., please feel free to email Steve any time.

3) Share your data!!  We'll be in touch in the next few weeks on the procedures to log into the Michigan Sakai instance (CTools) and upload your data. We will also ask you to "massage" your data a bit to make it ready for sharing.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know!
Thanks again everyone!!  -- Steve

Steven Lonn, Ph.D.  -  Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Usability, Support, and Evaluation (USE) Lab, Part of the CTools / Sakai Team
Digital Media Commons @ The Duderstadt Center, University of Michigan
Ph: (248) 905-1566	AIM: simchasl	Web: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~slonn/