[Using Sakai] Viewing Group Membership

Marshall Feldman marsh at uri.edu
Mon Mar 15 10:49:41 PDT 2010

Hi,

If an instructor assigns students to groups, is there any way the
students can see who's in their group?

Explanation:
I find that some students do not pay attention to announcements,
assignments, etc., so they are sometimes unaware of the fact that they
have been assigned to a group or that group activities are going on.
Therefore, the other students want to contact the non-participants but
cannot because they do not know who they are.

Also, sometimes students stop participating because they plan to drop
the course. As an instructor, I could contact each such student
individually, but there's no reason to do so other than to redo group
assignments. It's more efficient to let the students in the group
contact the non-participants than for me to monitor all student's
activities in the groups and contact non-participants.

Thanks.
--
Dr. Marshall Feldman, PhD
Director of Research and Academic Affairs

      Contact Information:

        Kingston:

202 Hart House
Charles T. Schmidt Labor Research Center <http://www.uri.edu/research/lrc/>