[Using Sakai] In what language(s) is Sakai written?

Mark Norton markjnorton at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 19 06:02:35 PDT 2010

Up until the latest release, Sakai was written in Java 1.5.  The latest
version can now be compiled against Java 1.6.
It should be noted that there is support for writing Sakai tools in
languages other than Java.  To my knowledge, tools have been written
using Ruby and Python, and possibly PHP.

- Mark Norton