[Using Sakai] sakai installation problem

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 04:33:29 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Steve Swinsburg
<steve.swinsburg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, I'll pass it on.
> For reference, you don't need a sakai.properties file to get Sakai running,
> the properties have defaults that are built in. The sakai.properties are
> essentially just overrides so if you provide them, these are used
> preferentially.
> In Section 3.1 of the Install Guide it talks about the sakai.properties,
> specifically where you can find one to use as a base for your installation:
>
> The default default.sakai.properties file is located in the config module:
That is exactly what I am trying to tell there is no config module.
believe me and try to install on a fresh system where you do not have
an OS also install Ubuntu 10.04
then install Tomcat and then download the sakai 2.7 binary and extract
it any where you like there is no config directory

> sakai-src/config/configuration/bundles/src/bundle/org/sakaiproject/config/bundle/default.sakai.properties
I had seen this page.

--
Tapas
http://mightydreams.blogspot.com