[Using Sakai] [Building Sakai] iClicker and Sakai

John Leasia jleasia at umich.edu
Fri Aug 20 07:29:27 PDT 2010

The i>clicker folks have created a Sakai tool that we'll be using in
production starting this fall. We've been checking it out over the last
month or so in preparation. Seems to work fine. There is a tool that
carries some web service stuff and that is used by students to register
their clickers. Then there are some standalone tools
- an admin tool to do a one time config that also creates some xml that
is used by the other tools
- a grader tool that gives a view of students in a gradebook like way
- an iclicker tool that is used to start up the presentation that
students respond to

We are running 2.6.2.

There wasn't much we had to do integration wise. We asked i>clicker to
make a security related change which they did. Other than that, it was
adding it to the build, running the config tool (a one time thing, to
create the xmls that then go along with the standalone apps on the in
class computer running the receiver and show).

John