[Using Sakai] Some UX issues on Android smartphones

Mathieu Plourde mathieu at udel.edu
Fri Aug 20 07:25:08 PDT 2010

Hi guys,

I'm sending this message around to see if something is on its way in
order to support mobile OSs for Sakai. At Delaware, we have stumbled
upon two annoyances already without even digging.

1) The "My Active Sites" overlay shows up, but links are not
accessible. If you try to click somewhere to access a site in the
list, the whole box blinks, and nothing happens. The workaround is to
go to "My Workspace>Worksite Setup".
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mathplourde/4909841675/

2) In Messages, there is no way to make the cursor show up in the text
box that uses FCK. All the WYSIWYG buttons are completely useless,
even the "Source" one. I did not check for other FCK boxes yet.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mathplourde/4910450840/in/photostream/

I have seen that there is a sub-group that has been formed to tackle
mobile issues, but is it even active?
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/UX/Mobile+UX

Should I turn these two issues into Jira tickets? And what's our
strategy as a community when it comes to making sure Sakai becomes
mobile-friendly?

P.S.: We are currently running 2.6.1 and patches in production. My
phone runs Android OS 2.2 (Froyo) on Verizon.

Mathieu
--

Mathieu Plourde, MBA
Project Leader, LMS/Instructional Designer
IT-Client Support & Services
mathieu at udel.edu
Office: 302-831-4060

TOP LINKS: